Friday, November 12, 2021

Day #2859

October 29, 2021 

Richard Rohr posted this question in his Daily Devotion that was asked by Bishop Michael Curry: “Do my actions look like love?” I pondered this deeply as friends who had moved to another state to try making a new start had to return. They stopped by to say hello, let me know they are back and share about some of their experiences. Oh, the things they have endured and the challenges they continue working to overcome. How can I show them love? By helping financially? By giving them encouragement? By setting them up with networks in their new town? Sometimes it is hard to know how best to love someone. Just how much can, or should, we do? 


Then, in the devotion “God Pause” I read this: 

Pastors often say that love is more than a feeling; love involves action. In this gospel reading even the argumentative scribe recognizes that loving one’s neighbor as oneself is more important than any self-serving offering or sacrifice we might make. While our salvation in Christ is not dependent upon our capacity to love, the kingdom (or kin-dom) of God is not far off when we extend the love that has first been freely given to us.

Hmm…maybe showing love to my friends (and others) includes all the things I mentioned. And even more, if possible. 


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment