Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Day #2850

October 20, 2021 

One of the hardest things for me to hear is, I am disappointed in you, or something you represent or serve, like the church. My immediate response to something like this is to get my hackles up and spit out a defense. However today, I listened. And somehow the response, I am glad you brought this to my attention, kept coming to my head and out of my mouth. 


See, the person with the comments and critique does not know the entire story. And the information that I know (still not the whole story) will be held in confidence. So I had to simply listen and not defend or explain. After all, they will think what they want and no explanation I gave would probably have changed their mind anyway. 


In the end, I hope I remember this lesson the next time something like this happens…because I feel certain it will. 


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment