Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Day #2667

April 20, 2021

Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Psalm 23. I invite you to read this scripture in the translation you most enjoy. Perhaps it is the King James Version (he leadeth me), the New King James Version (he leads me), the New Revised Standard Version (and leads me), or The Message (you find me). 


What I find is that the translation does not really matter, because this Psalm is one of the most well-known pieces of scripture. In fact, this is the second time Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture has included a part of this particular Psalm. What is it about these words?


What stands out to me as I read it again is the amount of action found here. Not just any action, either, but God’s action. Whether it is leading, restoring, guiding, etc., God is providing. So that. So that we may know God’s love, presence and peace, always. 


Perhaps in the end it is the promises we find in these words that makes this Psalm so important and loved, both in life and in death. We want to know that we are loved and cared for, and our loved ones are loved and cared for, for eternity. 


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment