Friday, April 2, 2021

Day #2647

March 31, 2021 

These words from Mary Alice Birdwhistell in the devotion d365 are certainly good ones to ponder and share:

Steve Jobs shared the following in a Stanford University commencement speech: “I [once] read a quote that said, ‘If you live each day as if it were your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.’ Since then, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been, ‘no’ for too many days, I know I need to change something.”


On the last day of his life, Jesus could do so many different things. However, he shares a meal with his friends and then washes their feet. Jesus knows these friends will abandon and betray him, but he chooses to spend the last day of his life showing them selfless and extravagant love.


If today were the last day of your life, what would you do? What would you not do? How will you embody the simple yet radical love of Jesus?

Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment