Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Day #629

September 21, 2015

I am sure I have talked about the honor of praying with others as Daily Intersections before, but I was reminded of that today thanks to d365’s Pause:
Often, when life isn’t working out the way we imagined or hoped, our impulse is to pray for God to change things.
We think, “if only” things were different, “if only” people were better, “if only” our needs were met, “if only” the pain went away, “if only” the choices were simple, “if only” temptation disappeared, “if only, if only…”
Sometimes God does transform situations, but more often, God changes us...if only we ask.
It’s true that sometimes folks ask me to pray with them as they hope for an “if only” moment - in hospitals that “if only” healing would come, in meetings that “if only” good decisions would be made, with friends that “if only” things would go a certain way.

But more often than not, what I also witness is a sense of trust in God. That even if the “if only” doesn’t go as we ask, there is still trust that God knows best and is present in the situation.

Thanks be to God for the honor to pray with others, the faith I have the honor to observe, and what I get to learn in the process.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment