Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day #609

September 1, 2015
This may seem like an odd picture, and topic, for the first of September, but it is on my mind and hopefully will become obvious why.

We are usually blessed with receiving an abundance of Christmas cards in December. I think this is wonderful. I so enjoy hearing from folks, especially ones who share a little of the events of their year with me. And I want to respond, to brighten the holiday of others, too. But while I once was diligent in sending cards at Christmas, it seems that time always gets away from me and it never gets accomplished. Much to my chagrin.

Several years ago, I read an article about an idea we have adopted that seems to work well for us. The author said that during the year (I believe it was weekly, but that isn’t always the case with us), she took out a card or two she had received at Christmas, prayed for the person(s) who sent it, and sent them a note/card to let them know.

Perfect! This practice reminds folks they are important to us, gives us the opportunity to give thanks to God for the people whose lives have crossed paths with ours, and even keeps a little of the joy and celebration of Christmas alive all through the year.

We are still working our way through our stack of 2014 cards, and giving thanks for friends, family and co-workers in the kingdom of God. What a blessing!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment