Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day #374

January 9, 2015

We received yet another notice that our credit card would be reissued. Something has happened that created a security breach and therefore, at great expense, another card will automatically be sent to us. This action created angst in me over what information has leaked out, frustration over the hassle of changing credit card numbers with places that use it to automatically renew or pay items, and just a general sense of yukiness. It’s a violation of our privacy, our sense of security, and our convenience.

In the midst of whining about this new revelation, the thought came to me, "be thankful you even have a credit card." Many, many do not have that luxury. I remember getting my first credit card when I was about 18 or 19 years old. I thought it was “something”; that I was something. Not having one now, not by choice but because of maybe having bad credit or unemployment, must be frustrating. Not to mention it can also be used as another form of identification - what does that say about its importance?!

Ok, so maybe I am ranting about something that doesn’t matter in the big scheme of things - really, a little plastic card with numbers?! But it reminds me, earthly “treasure” can easily be destroyed, taken, copied, or lost, but heavenly treasure/identity cannot. God knows us and has marked us in our baptism (see Day #372 for more) as belonging to God. FOREVER!! No matter what, nothing separates us.

And I don’t even have to carry a card to prove it! 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment