Friday, January 2, 2015

Day #365

December 31, 2014

On the seventh day of Christmas, God gave to me….a reminder of at least seven things to be thankful for in 2014 (in random order):
  • My husband, who supports me in my call and life, loves me even when it’s not easy to do so, makes me laugh, and with whom I now live in the same house after many, many years of dual-home living.
  • My friends who keep in touch, listen, say they miss me, are honest with me, and also support me in what I do and who I am.
  • 365 days of writing about the Daily Intersection, showing me God IS present in this world through people and places and things - EVERYDAY!!!
  • God’s love and grace. God, who loves us so much as to come to earth as, and in, Jesus, to live and die and rise for us. God, whose grace abounds in forgiveness every single day for the ways I do the things I do not want and don’t do the things I want. Whose grace freed me to be who I am today.
  • A new call where I can serve alongside and amongst faithful people of God in a place full of beauty and opportunity.
  • A wonderful first call in a place full of faithful people of God, who welcomed me when I came and sent me on my way with understanding and love.
  • Losing forty (yep, 40!) pounds. Thanks to a no-nonsense physician who set me on the right path!
I could go on and on. I know I’ve missed some important things, so again I’m thankful for forgiveness from those who mean much to me but I may not have mentioned individually!

Thank you, God, for a meaningful, adventurous, and healthy 2014. May 2015 be another year full of serving you, loving you, and living life to the fullest!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment