Friday, January 9, 2015

Day #372

January 7, 2015


This coming Sunday is the celebration of the Baptism of Our Lord. Thinking of Jesus' baptism brings to mind memories of my own. And it brings to mind questions many of us have about baptism - what it really means; whether it is necessary for us; how often do any of us remember or ponder having been baptized; why do different denominations have conflicting “rules” about baptism?

I suppose baptism being such an important part of my own life comes, in part, from being an only child. The assurance of being adopted into a family with millions of brothers and sisters fills my heart with joy and gladness. And, having a loving Father (God), who accepts me as I am/was made by Him, and yet teaches and nurtures me every single day, is beyond words.

Then, there is also the amazing gift I have been given as a pastor to baptize others. Like our godson, who I will always be grateful to have had that honor. Who I pray also knows his acceptance by God, his being loved by God, and by his godmother and godfather. Yes, it fills my heart.

So what about you? What would you say about your baptism is most important to you?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment