Monday, July 28, 2014

Day #208

July 27, 2014

As peaceful as the day was yesterday, today there is frustration. Three congregations have been planning a youth mission trip for weeks, actually months. At the outset there was much enthusiasm, much excitement, and much willingness to participate where I serve. As the time to leave has gotten closer, there is disinterest, apathy, and withdrawal. The attrition rate has been, dare I say it again, frustrating.

Well, the trip is still a go; the plans are being finalized; and I am anticipating a marvelous experience, perhaps an opportunity of a lifetime. How sad there are those who will miss it simply because they just did not want to go. I suppose it is like anything that comes our way in life, be it an opportunity to share about Jesus, a calling God is asking of us, or simply a fun and service oriented adventure, we miss out by hesitating to take a risk and step out of our comfort zone.


By the way, just in case someone has the thought, wow, she sure is pointing fingers, I realize there are three are pointing right back at me. And believe me, I’m listening!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment