Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day #200

July 19, 2014

One of the perks of having some time away is reading. I started a new book, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking, by Susan Cain. This was recommended to me months ago by someone I met at a retreat.

Often I have lamented about being an introvert, especially a shy one, wishing I had the knack of walking into a room full of folks I did not know yet and leaving having spoken to everyone, learned a little about them, and made many new friends.

However, just in the introduction to this book, Susan Cain has helped me see that being an introvert has advantages. Often I have been one to remain calm in the midst of chaos, helping others to do the same so that listening, conversation and healthy decision-making can take place. She explains that is one of the positive traits of introverts. Who knew?!

Susan Cain writes: “They [introverts] listen more than they talk, think before they speak, and often feel as if they express themselves better in writing than in conversation.” Well, dear blog readers, there you go. :-) Thank you for “listening” where I often "talk" more freely.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment