Saturday, July 16, 2022

Day #3061

May 19, 2022

Over the last forty-plus years, I wish I had kept track of the number of hours spent in council meetings. As a layperson, I served in several different council positions, including president for two terms. Of course, as a pastor, almost every month included a council meeting. Mostly, I have appreciated this time, enjoyed the “business” of the church, and been honored to participate in this way. 


This evening marked the last council meeting I may ever attend. As a retired pastor, it is not recommended to serve in this capacity, and I completely agree and understand. 


So today I thank each and every person I have ever served with as a member of council. You serve, or have served, an important role, and your commitment is commended. God bless and keep you!


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment