Thursday, July 7, 2022

Day #3053

May 11, 2022 

As the time gets closer toward retirement, I am reflecting more and more on these years as a pastor. One of the key points I remember is telling the call committee that I would promise to love the folks. That I would do the best I knew how to reflect God’s love, embody God’s love, live toward them with a loving attitude. 


Have I always kept that promise? Well, I certainly know I have made mistakes. Also, I cannot always embody the perfect love that God has for the world, but I can say that I have tried. And overall the folks have made loving them easy. 


I suppose as the days tick by I will be doing even more of this reflecting, especially as I consider the last Sunday’s sermon. Whew! That one makes me nervous!


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment