Monday, June 29, 2020

Day #2372

June 29, 2020


Today marks the 50th anniversary of the Ordination of Women in the ELCA. This woman (the one on the right) was the first. She is Elizabeth Platz, a graduate of Lutheran Theological Seminary of Gettysburg (my alma mater). I am thankful for her and appreciate her trailblazing the way. 


This symbol, created by the ELCA, includes the names of female pastors. We were invited to share it with the hashtag #thankyoupastor. I know many of these pastors! They are amazing and they make me smile. 

Also, I am humbled by FaceBook comments thanking me for answering God’s call. You all are amazing! But really, thanks to all the women, and men, who answer God’s call to be pastors, disciples, and apostles. All God’s church.

Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment