Sunday, June 7, 2020

Day #2347

June 4, 2020 

A friend posted this on FaceBook: “Posting opinions on FB is extremely dangerous. I won’t do it again.”  

Reading that broke my heart. It is sad to be so afraid to state an opinion, but I do understand it. We humans seem to have lost the ability to listen to one another. Not just to hear what is said, but to really listen, from the heart. To try and understand another’s point of view. Could this be what is underlying the latest outrage and destruction? 

To that end, I wrote this in an email to the congregation. I also want to share it here: 
…my heart is heavy and breaks for our country, especially in the midst of this pandemic, that there is the lacking of peace and equality filling our cities. So many have died, been injured, lost businesses and jobs and income and security. So many have to watch each move they make, pray fervently each time their loved one leaves home, and wait with anxious minds for their safe return, knowing that safe return does not happen for all. I am often at a loss with the words to pray, so I trust the Holy Spirit to know my mind and heart and intercede for our nation and its people - ALL its people. I trust, deep in my heart, that an answer is LOVE. Not a love that demands its own way, looks for reciprocity, but a love of grace. God is that love. So today I have these words to pray: Almighty God, your people are hurting, filled with anger and fear. Give your peace to us, put an end to inequality of thought, bring healing, and fill us with love for you and one another. Amen. 
Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment