Monday, June 29, 2020

Day #2364

June 21, 2020 

Happy Father’s Day! 

Today I choose to celebrate all male figures - fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, uncles, nephews, friends, etc. And I have many in my life.
  • My husband is my hero - not a dad himself, but a caring man with great gifts. 
  • My first pastor (who later became my boss) is like a father to me and has been there for me in so many situations, teaching and guiding me. 
  • My father-in-law was a man I respected and loved. 
  • My nephew is a man I admire as a father to his daughters, and a fun person to be around. 
  • My first Godson is now a college graduate, moving on with his life, and we are proud.
  • And my Godson Simon is a young man growing into himself and I love him! 
And there are many others - uncles, friends, pastor colleagues, etc. Notice, however, I have not mentioned my father. As they say, that was a complicated relationship. I am thankful for the things he taught me, but he was challenging in many ways. Yet, I did love him.

So, as we celebrate this day, I hope you have male figures in your life you can depend on, respect, look up to and love. Thank you, men, for being all those things. Happy Day!

Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment