Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day #541

June 25, 2015

I read about North Carolina and peaches in a magazine article. It brought back wonderful memories of heading to a small town called Candor every year for peaches with my Grandma. (Here's a link to one of the places we went: Johnson's Peaches) The town is only minutes from where she lived and in the heart of peach country. Reading about them, I could almost taste the homemade peach ice cream, a fresh one cut up in a bowl with a little sugar and milk, or just biting into one on the way home. Yum!

I also have to admit a tear formed as I thought about how simple life seemed as a child. There was nothing better than a ride to “get peaches” with Grandma during the week I would stay with her in the summer. Oh, those were the days!

Blessings.

Oh, and since I’ve been talking so much about VBS this week, here’s a shot (sorry it's a tad blurry) just before the official “group” photo was taken. What a fun week!


No comments:

Post a Comment