Sunday, June 7, 2015

Day #518

June 2, 2015

In reading a magazine article, this line caught my attention: “what’s strong becomes stronger still when two forces are combined.”

Love, faith, marriage, friendship are all things that came to mind (the community theme continues - days #516 and #517) when I read this. From my own experience, the combined "forces" of my husband and me, especially the love we share, have always given each of us more strength together than I believe either of us would have had alone to face some of the challenges of the last twenty-five plus years.

Then there are these words of promise found in scripture in Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Now there is a force of strength beyond compare - to give us what we need to love and serve God in the ways God needs and desires. All the ways, in all things!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment