Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Day #524

June 8, 2015

I attended a funeral today of a family member of a parishoner. One of the comments in the message from the priest went something like this: he did well what he could and did not get upset by what he couldn’t do or didn’t have.

It seems to me that is very much a complement about a person. To do the best with what one has - be it material goods, faith, health, personality, intelligence, or whatever - says a lot about a person’s character. Especially if doing their best involves doing for others, thinking of others first, etc.

Then to not get upset by what one cannot do or does not have says even more. To live a life free of envy, regret, desire for what someone else has or comparing one’s self to someone else sounds like an amazing way to live.

The comment certainly made me think. How often do I worry about what I cannot do, allowing that to keep me from doing what I can? Hmmm….

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment