Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day #80

March 21, 2014

I was so excited. After 7½ months we finally would get to see our great niece. It had been way too long since we had the chance to hold her and help her get to know us.

But it wouldn’t go quite as hoped - at least not for me. For some reason, every time she looked at me, she cried. And when I held her for just a couple of minutes, it was worse. She screamed!

It was impossible, of course, to help her understand I won’t hurt her - that I love her and just wanted to be near her. One day, hopefully, she’ll understand and we can be buddies, but she is too young now.

As my husband and I talked about it afterward, he said something that I’ve been thinking a lot about. He said, I wonder how many times God wants to just hold us and all we do is “scream” and not allow ourselves to be consoled. How God just wants to love us and yet we’re afraid to be too close, like God will hurt us or something.

It does make you wonder, doesn’t it?!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment