Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day #60

March 1, 2014

Just so you know, there aren’t too many things that get me up at 4:45 am on a Saturday morning, but youth are one. Especially youth willing to ride 2.5 hours to a day-long youth event called Confirmation Day at LTSS. This year’s theme: The Other 167.

As one of the leaders at LTSS explained in his introduction, there are 168 hours in a week and we only give God about 1 hour on a Sunday morning for worship. What about the other 167? What are some ways we serve God and live out our faith in those hours? This idea means so much to me that if this blog wasn’t already named The Daily Intersection, I might have “stolen” their idea and called it: The Other 167.

Be that as it may, youth from three different churches spent a day riding and praying, playing and worshiping, singing and eating, sharing and learning - all focused on how faith plays a part in our everyday lives. God isn’t (at least shouldn’t be) pigeon-holed to just 1 out of the 168 hours in a week.

Really, though, if you were to ask me what the best part of the day was, I would have to say the ride down and back. More bonding and sharing and forming happened in that van between those kids and their adult leaders than any retreat can facilitate. I love hearing kids talk to one another and they were sure doing a lot of it. Music to my ears, a song to my heart.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment