Friday, March 21, 2014

Day #78

March 19, 2014

Six pastors are doing a rotation for Lenten worship this year. Each of us are portraying a different character from Jesus’ life (or history). My character is Ruth. She is perhaps an unlikely character to hear from in the time of Lent, but her story is a love story that concludes with how our God can turn sorrow into joy.

Today I portrayed Ruth for the second time this week (some worship services are on Sunday and some on Wednesday). I’m encouraged by those who take the time to be kind in their comments. I’m encouraged by those who practice hospitality in other congregations. I’m encouraged by the commitment folks have to come out on an evening in Lent (regardless of the weather) to share in fellowship and worship. I’m encouraged by this season, to be filled by the Spirit.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment