Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day #61

March 2, 2014

While writing the sermon for this week, I had an experience unlike any I’ve had so far. It was as if God was talking directly to me saying, ask this question. Go in this direction. Take the folks in this way.

Now, I always, always pray intentionally before I begin to write and have had numerous occasions when I was led to a very different place than where I thought I might be headed. But this experience was a total 180 degrees from anything I had been thinking about all week.

Let me report, though, that the direction God sent me in was exactly what I needed, at least. And at the end, we prayed together this prayer, one of my absolute favorites and most appropriate for today's theme: Lord God, you have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment