Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Day #2758

July 20, 2021

Today's Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Ephesians 3:18-19: I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (NRSV)


To know and understand the breadth, length, height and depth of God? Could that simply be too much to ask. Besides, if we knew all that, what would be left of the mystery of God? 


But to know the love of Christ, now that is awesome, but not always easy. In a recent conversation with someone, I said well, no matter what, I believe this is God’s world and that God loves us. I am not certain of that, they responded. I wonder if God really does love us, as hateful as we are to one another. 


I was saddened by that response. I believe God does love us. God may not like all the things we do. God may be sad at the way we treat one another. God may even be angry, but I do not think God stops loving us. For any reason. 


Maybe the world would be improved if we all could really know - and believe - God loves us no matter what! Wouldn't our response to one another be different? I think so.


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment