Friday, August 30, 2019

Day #2060

August 22, 2019

At worship during the second day of Continuing Education, we were asked to explain to our neighbor what our answer is to the question, “why does Jesus matter?” I talked to my new friend about growing up never feeling like I was enough, or could do enough, or could do what was expected correctly enough. It was hard always feeling like I came up short, especially with God. But then I heard about grace and how Jesus lived, died and rose again because of his pure love for me. His actions of grace meant I was more than enough - I was loved and accepted. But the best news is that his actions of grace are for us all - we are ALL loved and accepted by Jesus. And that is why I believe Jesus DOES matter, I told my friend (with tears in my eyes)!!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment