Sunday, August 25, 2019

Day #2051

August 13, 2019 

Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Hebrews, chapter 12, verse 1: Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us. (NRSV)

Being surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses gives me such comfort and peace. There are saints from the past who taught and mentored me, and saints of the present who pray for me, encourage me, critique me, and serve with me. There is strength in community, even when there are challenges that can also come along with it. History teaches me that I can run this race of life and discipleship much easier and farther when accompanied by others. And I am grateful God created us to be in relationship. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment