Thursday, May 10, 2018

Day #1586

May 5, 2018

There is a rather popular theory/thought that there is no such thing as a coincidence - that God is in the midst of those random things that happen at just the right moment and just the right time. I believe that thought - in fact, I base this blog mostly on that theory. Sometimes the things are so small that we don’t even notice them - other times, it’s like a bonk on the noggin saying “hey, pay attention! I care about you and your life!” 

The bonk today happened as I was preparing the sermon for Sunday - go and love as I have loved you (a quick summary of John 15:9-17). The hubby began playing a video that was shared on FaceBook of a story by Steve Hartman about the newest superhero - “President Austin” of Birmingham, AL. Here you can watch him at work and see why I think he's living Jesus' command - this even made it into the sermon: Don't forget to show love

I pray we don't forget to show love, show mercy, show justice, show tolerance, show patience, show forgiveness, show God’s light. The world needs more Austins! The world needs US!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment