Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Day #1582

May 1, 2018 

It’s my Faceversary. Which means it is my 10 year anniversary of being on FaceBook. Who knew?! I certainly didn’t remember until FaceBook conveniently reminded me with a cute little video. Special!

What it did, however, was cause me to think about where I was 10 years ago today. I was finishing my final year of seminary, getting ready to graduate and move along to the next thing, packing boxes, making plans for a long vacation headed west, and trying not to think about how much I would miss the place and folks who had become such an important part of my world. 

Simon, your mother started me on this FaceBook adventure as a way to stay connected, share events of my life, and "be current" (and cool). So while I had my doubts about getting “involved,” I jumped in. It’s true I don’t spend much time posting (never really have), or even reading FaceBook posts, but I have enjoyed connecting with folks from various stages of my past and seeing pictures and adventures others have. 

Things have progressed on FaceBook from how it was when I started. Who would have thought FaceBook could now be used to help raise money for good causes in celebration of someone’s birthday!? In ten years, there have been many advantages and good parts to this form of media, but also some tragedies created through it. I suppose, however, that is like most things in this life - the good and the bad mingle together. 

Many have decided FaceBook is not worth the effort or the risk of a possible breach of security. That is certainly a possibility and something to consider. For now I continue, hesitant to break all the ties I have with folks in this way. So, to all my FaceBook “friends,” Happy Faceversary. Look forward to continue seeing you online!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment