Thursday, February 11, 2016

Day #769

February 8, 2016
"Friendship arises out of mere companionship when two or more of the companions discover that they have in common some insight or interest or even taste which the others do not share and which, till that moment, each believed to be his own unique treasure (or burden).  The typical expression of opening friendship would be something like, "What? You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S. Lewis
 What beautiful thoughts on friendship. Being from a small (very small!) family, I am very thankful for friends. Over the years, I have been fortunate to have many – some I still have contact and deep relationship with, some who are no longer on this earth, and some who have moved out of my life.

Perhaps one of the most important things about friendship I am grateful to have learned is that to have a friend, I must be one. It’s not always easy – but it is so worth it, isn’t it?! Thank you my friends for being my friends, and I hope I’m one for you, too!!

And, something to celebrate – the days are getting longer. This after 6:00 pm – too beautiful not to stop and notice – and share!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment