Thursday, February 11, 2016

Day #767

February 6, 2016


The Moravian Daily Text (click here for the current day's link: Moravian Daily Texts) for February 6th includes this verse: 1 Chronicles 28:20 “David said to his son Solomon, ‘The Lord God is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished.’”

I find great comfort in these words – for I find that “the work for the service of the house of the Lord” is never finished, which can be a tad overwhelming at times. There are never enough hours in the day to get everything done I would like to get done, make all the phone calls I would like to make, visit all the people and be present to listen and share, etc., that I would like to do. It just isn’t humanly possible, and can feel quite defeating at times that there is always so much more that could/should be done.

So, when it becomes a tad overwhelming that things don’t get finished, the reminder that the Lord God is with me until they are is a great comfort. One for which I truly am most thankful. And humbled by!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment