Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day #477

April 22, 2015

This gave me a lot to think about. It’s from the devotion, d365, the “think” portion:
The way we use our voices matters. A lot. Not just whether we use kind words or mean words, but the very tone of our voice speaks volumes. The words we hear spoken again and again from parents, teachers, and the others adults in our lives eventually create a little soundtrack in our heads. And that’s often how we end up speaking to ourselves.
How many times have I said, “I can hear my mother’s voice playing in my head?” Sometimes it’s something positive, but not always.

This is a reminder that what we say matters. People do listen, or at least hear. And remember especially (unfortunately) the times we don’t say helpful things in helpful ways.

Hmmm….

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment