Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day #433

March 9, 2015

I was taken aback by a recent comment someone from another congregation shared with me. It was about a negative statement someone from our congregation made concerning a ministry at our congregation. It saddened me to hear negativity has been spread outside the walls, although I am not naive enough to think only positive things are shared with others.

However, the part that unsettled me was how adamant the person was in saying to me: once I heard that from your congregation, I put a stop to any negative type comments going out from ours. Really?! Well, if that is the case, I wish you would tell me how you managed to do it, because I’ll be sure to put your policy into place from now on (this is what I would have liked to have said, but didn't).

The thing is, I tend to fall on the positive side of most things, especially when it comes to sharing comments with others (unless I’m fairly certain it won’t spread in a destructive way). Therefore, if I can’t seem to inspire the spread of positivity, especially about the church, then I’m befuddled as to how to do so. Any ideas?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment