Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day #422

February 26, 2015

For the second time this week, the Devotion d365 spoke directly to me. Here is another portion of the “think” section, this one for February 26, 2015, by Stephen Mazingo:
Do you think you are small, poor, or your grades are not as good as those around you? Guess what. God wants you to lead. It is your weaknesses that God cherishes. Strange, right? But that is what makes you human, created by God.
If anyone had told me as a child I would one day be a pastor, a leader, a strong individual, I would have laughed in their face. I was small in stature as a child, very small, and shy. Very shy. My family was not really poor, but there was much we lacked the ability to buy. And my grades, while they were good, I cannot say they came easily. These are not exactly qualities one would assume exude leadership or strength.

Yet, once God got my attention, there was no stopping what God wanted of me. All of me. And what I had always thought of as weaknesses, God is using in strong ways. The challenge of getting out of God’s way makes for amazing times.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment