Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day #421

February 25, 2015

One of the privileges of being called to ordained ministry is accompanying folks in times of need. It is an honor to be invited into moments of pain and grief in a person’s life. It is truly holy ground.

I met a couple in that situation. The death of a relative brought them to town and the church where I serve. My being the pastor caused our paths to cross. Gracious people, I was welcomed into their moments of grief, and my presence was deeply appreciated.

What joy to represent a presence of Christ, to invoke God’s name in prayer, and to walk as an advocate with them in a process that can be confusing and very trying. Two people who were strangers to me just days ago have become someone I care about and pray for. Amazing grace.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment