Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day #396

January 31, 2015

There is nothing quite as heartwarming as a cheerful person waiting on your table. I met my husband for brunch between his o’dark o’clock work-shifts (next to the last one before he goes on nights - yay!), and we were waited on by a very friendly, uplifting woman. She seemed to be enjoying what she did, wanting those around her to get a good start to the day.

Her contagious attitude was a gentle reminder that how we act does affect those around us. We left feeling uplifted due to her friendliness. Of course, it’s not always easy to be cheerful when we’re in pain, grief, or trouble, but in those times, it sure helps to run into someone who is joyful. It definitely can lift us up.

My hope is that I am more often the lifter, rather than the sinker. :-)

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely an uplifter! Always the sunshine in the clouds! But it is probably okay to be a cloud now and then and let someone else be your sunshine. I have found myself burning out at times from always shining.

    ReplyDelete