Friday, April 1, 2022

Day #3003

March 22, 2022

Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Second Corinthians 5:20a: So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us. (NRSV) 


The dictionary defines ambassador as: an accredited diplomat sent by a country as its official representative to a foreign country. Also, a person who acts as a representative. 


The writer of Corinthians indicates we are those for Christ, God’s own Son. What kind of responsibility is that?! One, quite frankly, that seems overwhelming and too much. Yikes! What about the times that I act in ways that are not Christ-like? What about the times I am selfish with the gifts God has entrusted to me? What about the times I lose my temper, respond inappropriately, or look at others with a judging attitude? Those are certainly not ways that I act as ambassador, but as one focused on myself. 


Therefore, I find comfort in the second half of the 20th verse: we entreat you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. (NRSV) Why? Because God does reconcile us to God’s self and even helps us have faith in the promise of reconciliation through Jesus’ life, death and resurrection. 


Please, Oh Lord, may I be faithful to your gift of faith and grace that reconciles me to you so that I may be the ambassador you need to help others also believe. Amen. 


Blessings. And prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment