Saturday, February 19, 2022

Day #2969

February 16, 2022 

Well, the process has begun. Following protocol for our denomination, I have begun to tell folks that I plan to retire from active ministry effective June 7 of this year. 


Wow, there it is in writing. And today I said it out loud to our council president, and to the Executive Committee. I will tell Congregation Council tomorrow evening and a letter will also be mailed to everyone in the congregation tomorrow. 


Perhaps what someone said is what I needed to hear the most - when you get to the age of retirement, there is only a narrow window of time when you will most likely be able to do the things you want before your body says, no more. So take this chance. 


My parents and my in-laws found that to be true. I hope hubby and I can enjoy this time a little more than they were able to do. 


Meanwhile, I pray thank you to God for an amazing 14+ years, 7+ in two wonderful places. I am beyond thankful. 


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment