Saturday, February 19, 2022

Day #2966

February 13, 2022


This is from the Women of the ELCA blog, Daily Grace, and is an excerpt from “Long Live Galentine’s Day!” by Mary Button in the February 2021 Cafe online magazine.

Leslie Knope, the eternal optimist of the television show Parks and Recreation, creates “Galentine’s Day,” a holiday to celebrate her women friends – every February 13. Years after this episode aired, women across the country still celebrate Galentine’s Day. 

I can’t reflect on the importance of friendships in my life without mentioning my favorite proclamation of love in Scripture: Ruth’s promise to her mother-in-law, Naomi, in Ruth 1:16. 

Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to abandon you… Wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.” (Common English Bible) 

God’s love follows me wherever I go. My friends have loved me through worse than this. The type of love we have for our friends is the same type of love God has for us. God roots for us the way that our friends do!

So to all my “gal” friends, Happy Day!!

Blessings. And prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment