Saturday, February 5, 2022

Day #2947

January 25, 2022 

Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Psalm 71, verse 6: I have been sustained by you ever since I was born; from my mother’s womb you have been my strength; my praise shall be always of you. (ELW)

I was baptized at age 19. I remember the day, the feeling in and of the water, the words, the surroundings. I also remember feeling that God was with me in a whole new way from that day forward. (Note - not every day did I “act” differently, just to be clear.) But the point is, I remember and am aware of the differences in my life and faith from before and after my baptism. 


But for those who have been a part of the church community and the Family of God since their earliest of days, and who have had the desire for a “conversion” experience, this verse in the Psalms could be comforting. From the very beginning of your life, even before you were born, God has been your sustaining one and your strength. God has known you (just as God knew me even before I was baptized) and has been with you. 


When it comes down to it, it really is about God being with us, loving us, caring for us, bestowing grace upon us, whether we are aware (or deserving) of it or not. It really is God’s action. And for that, our praise should always be of - and for - God.


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment