Saturday, September 11, 2021

Day #2803

September 3, 2021

It was obvious the person was having a difficult time. They needed someone to listen. There was nothing I could do to fix the situation, but I had the time to be available in allowing the person to talk. And talk they did. 


I did eventually ask what seemed to be one important question for them - what are you doing to take care of yourself in the midst of this? They stopped, looked at me, sort of smiled and said, I’m fine. There must have been something in my face that told them, that’s not an honest answer, because they teared up and said - that is the most compassionate question anyone has asked me. I smiled and said, well, I AM in the compassion business. Then, aren’t we all!?


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment