Saturday, November 14, 2020

Day #2502

November 6, 2020 

This year for the Season of Advent, the Synod Staff is working on a Devotional to be available online. To that end, short contributions were invited from several leaders. I was asked to participate. With the deadline looming (aren’t I always working at the deadlines?!?!), I sat down today to reflect on the passage from Luke 1:5-17. It is God’s promise to Zechariah and Elizabeth that they would have a son, John. 


How do you wait for God’s promises to be fulfilled? Do you wait with patient perseverance or frustrated wondering? Do you consider the fulfillment of God’s promises to be about your life alone, or could others' lives be involved? These were questions I thought about while writing. 


I look forward to seeing the finished product all put together. I’ll make certain the link is provided. And I appreciate the opportunity!!!


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment