Saturday, December 14, 2019

Day #2168

December 8, 2019 

On this second Sunday of Advent, the scripture pointed to expectations. Who is Jesus, really, John wants to know? Is John’s question possibly because Jesus was not as John expected him to be? But then, is Jesus as we expect him to be? 

Then the Advent Study focused on love. How is God’s love different from human’s love? Where do we see God’s love at work in the world? I am grateful for faith-filled conversation. 

And then the afternoon included attending the Symphony Concert. There is so much talent in this town!! Here they are warming up, ready to perform. 


As we were leaving the concert, we saw the former organist. It is always a delight to run into him. I thanked him for the beautiful concert and said, I think with all this music the Christmas Spirit may finally be descending upon me. He just laughed and said, let’s hope so. After all, I thought, how can it not?!?!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment