Sunday, September 15, 2019

Day #2079

September 10, 2019

This Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Psalm 51:10: Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (NRSV) 

I cannot read these words without putting them to the tune I learned in the Lutheran worship liturgy many years ago. I was blown away when I first realized this was scripture put to music. As we sang these words together in worship, it was us trusting God to work in our lives and transform us. I cannot attest to experiencing some sort of amazing change because of these words, but I do know I am different today than I was yesterday. And probably, hopefully, prayerfully, not the same today that I will be tomorrow. I trust that God is renewing me and creating in me what is pleasing in God's sight.

Perhaps "renew a right spirit within me" are also appropriate words for World Suicide Prevention Day. Those and a reminder from the ELCA that “You are never beyond God’s mercy and compassion.” NEVER!! 

PLEASE, if thoughts of suicide have ever, or do ever, cross your mind, know that I am here. As are many others. PLEASE call, reach out, seek help: 1-800-273-8255 is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and someone is there 24/7. Also, here is the link: Suicide Prevention LifelinePLEASE don't hesitate - seek help. You are too precious to wait or feel alone in your hurting.  

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment