Thursday, October 24, 2019

Day #2121

October 22, 2019

Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture comes from Jeremiah 31:33: But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (NRSV)

This coming Sunday is Reformation. The verse from Jeremiah comes from one of the readings traditionally used for this Sunday. I personally think this is a beautiful image - God being our God and us being God’s people. It is a promise that leaves no doubts. No worries. No fears. God being our God simply because God loves us. And we will KNOW it, because God will write the knowledge on our heart. Think about this: if we believe the Holy Spirit lives within us, this isn’t just an image. It’s truth. Thanks be to God!

Oh, and speaking of an image, I took this photo showing the cold front coming in. It doesn't really do justice to the awesomeness of nature.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment