Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Day #2111

October 12, 2019

The word for the day - thankful. And a little sad, too. First the thankful - I met two ladies who could have been Cindy and me. These two travel together. They were laughing together. They even said they consider themselves sisters, although they are from very different backgrounds. One was even almost bald from radiation treatments. It was most eerie meeting them, yet comforting, too. What a gift to have that kind of friendship. I think they realize it, too. 

I was also reminded, sadly, of the pain some folks carry because of the church. In meeting another person, I heard their story of how the “rules” and judgment have damaged their trust in community, yet how much they miss it. Oh, Lord, have mercy, and bring healing. May this person one day find a “home.”

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment