Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Day #2116

October 17, 2019 

The word for the day - thankful. This time for a gracious family. 

The worst thing, in my opinion, happened today during a Memorial Service. In delivering the message, I spoke the deceased person’s name about five times. After the last time, I suddenly realized I had been saying the wrong name - I was using an incorrect nickname for the person’s given name. I stopped right then and apologized, to much laughter from the family, and made a correction. Turns out, however, I also mispronounced the correction. I was mortified. This is about the worst mistake I think can be made - using the wrong name in a funeral. But this family was so forgiving and gracious. Our loved one would understand, they said, and forgive quickly. 

Thank you! Your forgiveness means very much to me and is a powerful witness. The Lord be with you all in your time of grieving.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment