Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Day #2100

October 1, 2019 

Tuesday’s Thoughts on Scripture is based on 2 Timothy 1:5: I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that lived first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, lives in you. (NRSV)

This passage made me immediately think about my grandma, Cumie. It was her sincere faith that served as a testament and inspiration for me, especially as I entered adulthood. Her devotion to the church, to reading and studying scripture, and serving others taught me much and I believe it now lives in me, through the help of the Holy Spirit.

Who is the “grandma” or “mother” in your life whose sincere faith now lives in you? Who are you passing faith along to? Who might, years or decades from now, give thanks for your witness? 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment