Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Day #2097

September 28, 2019 

Today marks my 11th anniversary of ordination. I have lost count of the number of weddings, funerals, baptisms, Bible Studies, worship services, celebrations of Holy Communion, conversations, tears, hugs, moments of encouragement and moments of anguish/frustration that have formed these years of serving as pastor. 

However, it isn’t the numbers of "tasks" that matter, because the journey has been about the people. Those who inspire, challenge, support, criticize, are passionate about deepening their faith, serve in big ways and small, have shared with me and trusted me, who pray, worship, study, show up and witness. I am thankful for each of you and gently hold your stories, memories, thoughts, fears, joys and dreams deep in my heart. God has placed each of you in my path and I am humbled and grateful. Thank you!! And as always…

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment