Thursday, July 26, 2018

Day #1663

July 21, 2018 

I often miss the “national” days, until I’m reminded by someone or by posts on FaceBook. So I didn’t realize until late in the day that July 21 is National Hug Day. Oh, a missed opportunity! What a gift a hug can be (even better than the phone calls I mentioned earlier). Growing up in a family that didn’t hug much and being somewhat hesitant at times to do so, I was first overwhelmed when I discovered my husband’s family were just the opposite - big hugs all around, and often, is the norm! And it is a good thing! However, I have come to be hesitant again to give spontaneous hugs, not wanting to impose or make someone uncomfortable (hugs are not for everyone). Yet, with all that said, here is virtual hug for you (( )). They can be very important - and needed - and just the right thing at the right time!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment