Friday, July 13, 2018

Day #1650

July 8, 2018

On Sunday Morning, broadcast journalist Steve Hartman told quite the story about a young man from Seguin, TX, by the name of Gerald Hodges. Gerald is a good athlete who participates in many sports, yet he joined the one team that gave him the biggest challenge. He joined the swim team - when he couldn’t swim! 

Seems crazy, but Gerald’s idea was that “if [he] couldn’t handle not being good at something, then how could [he] consider [himself] a successful person?” So he worked hard, really hard, and ended up helping take the team to the state finals. Quite the victory!

I believe there’s a lesson in there for me, too. If I don’t challenge myself in ways that push the edges of my comfort levels or try things that I don’t think I have ability for, then am I actually limiting the work of God through me? 

Maybe you are wondering the same.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment